Saturday, June 26, 2010

Who decides today's emotions?



*Everything maintains its own place and time.

*I choose to be happy with what is right, and ignore the rest,

or to focus on what is perceived wrong, and ignore the good.

*I choose whether or not to allow perceptions of others to distract

me from living my life.

*Today will occur as it does largely due in no part to my

machinations or attitudes, so it is in my best interest to

relinquish pain and resentment and find a means to be

at peace.

*There is no promise of happiness, and it is fleeting when it

visits. But the absence of happiness need not be despair. It

can just as easily be contentedness.

*While I work on being content, let me ponder what happiness

truly is:

-Is it dependent on how much money I maintain?

-Or who loves me--or doesn't love me?

-Is it based on my weight or age?

-Is it geographically induced?

If so, then perhaps I need to do a rethink or a restructure on

my views. I can make a choice to be as happy as I please,

based on no externals whatsoever. Then, I may take happiness

with me everywhere, never allowing circumstance to influence

me.

No comments:

Post a Comment