Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Meditation; Preparation for the Day



Before I ever leave the house (or even the bed, for that
matter,) it is critical that I determine what the day will
be for me.

I must make a conscious decision to prepare myself for
the troubles and challenges that will inevitably come.

I cannot wait to be sideswiped by emotions or circumstances
to decide how I react.

Taking time to center myself and remember what is really
important is crucial to my day's outcome. I can do a mental
and emotional pep talk anywhere.

I can continue it in the car. I can make good choices about the
thoughts I keep in my head. I can select music that is comforting,
or I can go with therapeutic silence.

If I need to, I can also take a break at any point and remember
to breathe. If in the middle of a conflict I find myself losing the
calm I left home with, I can resurrect it then and there with
awareness and re-dedication.

The power is within, but it must be strengthened and used.

No comments:

Post a Comment