Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Focus



Where I place my focus is where my day goes.

If I choose to dwell on minor incidents, they gain power.
They grow in significance.
They affect the scope and tenor of my day.

I can release thoughts from my head by choosing to focus
my attention elsewhere, no matter how many times I must
avert my attention.

I also choose how I respond.
If I am angry, I must question why.
I must separate from an angry feeling and recognize it doesn't
have to become an angry reaction. It has only the power I allow it.

I move on from the old me and into a new creation.

I am not controlled by emotions. Being controlled by emotions
is a weakness not befitting me. It is admitting defeat and allowing
others and outside forces to control me.

A moment of giving in to emotions leads to a multitude of
repercussions. Let me use my brain today.

I focus on what needs to be done, not things I can't change.

I focus on what's right, not what's 'wrong.'

I focus on me and my needs, and I focus inwardly, not on
the externals.

No comments:

Post a Comment