Tuesday, June 22, 2010

New Day Dawning



I keep my focus entirely on what I need to be doing today.

I am not concerned by others' opinions, worries, or needs.

My responsibility is to take care of myself. I must...
-communicate my needs
-take care of business
-maintain my emotional sobriety
-not become distracted by outside issues

If I am honest, calm, and kind, then all will be well.

There is no promise of anything this day;
Not assistance, not mercy, not respect, not ease, not life.
I am okay with the randomness and chaos of this world,
knowing that I can not change the majority of what occurs.

There is serenity in detaching from need.

I choose to disconnect from my neediness, my desires, my
anger, my fear. All my so-called problems (worry, fights,
lust, jealousy, hurt feelings) are a result of being overly
attuned to my baser emotions.

I will not have my life governed by emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment