Wednesday, March 7, 2012

It gave me the same reaction

The infamous MJ crotch grab!
So while taking a shower last week, I was doing my
normal weekly self exam for testicular cancer.

I found something.

I couldn't even bring myself to consciously follow-up on
the finding until now, from a mixed bag of fear, denial,
and an all around week-from-hell on other fronts serving
as great distractions.

I also really don't need any more health problems right
now! Doesn't the body consider that when formulating
additional issues!?!?

The amount of growth in just one week accelerated my
concern to the "Get your head out of your ass and quit
procrastinating" stage. Now, it is not directly a part of
my gonad, but rather free floating, but it does seem so
much more than the possible less-harmful candidates.
And, it could still be a cyst.

Regardless, common sense and responsible nature insist
I get it checked out, and I am making calls this afternoon
to do just that.

For those men--or the women and men who love them--
who don't know how to do the checkup, or who are a
bit self-conscious, here's a link to check out.

Testicular Cancer Self-Exam

It's quick and easy, and knowing is so much better than
being caught off guard by something. The quicker things
are caught and treated, the better the chances of safe
recovery.

Be aware. Be vigilant. Be healthy.

Don't let the fear of a concept or possible reality make
you open to problems caused by overlooking and being
passive!


*****************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment