Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Remove Anger From Your Heart

Working on it...some days are better than others.

Last night, anger overtook me. I didn't lash out
entirely as I wanted to, but I still let myself be altered by
things outside of me.

I also didn't suppress my rage. I allowed it to be present,
acknowledged it, tamed it sufficiently, and then slowly
worked my way through to what specifically had caused
the anger.

As is usually the case, there was great hurt and betrayal
behind the armor of anger. I released it, and dealt with
the emotions, and worked on releasing all the resentment
once more. It is sometimes an ongoing battle.

But in the end, it serves me no good to hold on to any
form of upset. I know this, but sometimes old wounds are
still easily triggered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsUmPvaZIP0&feature=player_profilepage

This video helped me to reclaim my desires. Maybe it can serve
as inspiration for you, too.

Peace....

***********************************************

1 comment:

  1. Another driver makes an inappropriate hand gesture on the road. A parent screams at a child. A customer verbally abuses the cashier at the supermarket. A teacher yells at his or her student. These are all expressions of anger when we lose control. Fury is a hostile missal looking for a target. The intent of rage is to inflict pain and humiliation on a specific or undefined mark amid a flurry of self-righteous indignation. Unfortunately there exists within all but the righteous, a loose cannon with a fuse of varying lengths ready to fire a barrage. The angry person has lost all reason and is on a rampage of destruction with no impulse control. So, how do we tame this inner beast? Anger, which arises from the spiritual element of fire, is a function of arrogance. Therefore, management requires humility. This, however, immediately begs the question, “How does the arrogant person who frequently explodes into a rage become humble?” The process of change is one of replacement or substituting one thing for another. Humility and pride are opposite components existing within the divided soul – the first emanating from Godliness and the later from evil. Thus, even the most arrogant person has a potential for humility because every aspect of being has its opposite. Thus, it is possible for anyone, at any time, to engage in a single act of humility. When such a window of opportunity opens up, we can ask ourselves, “What else is possible?” and then learn how to give up being right and to dismantle the upset. More at http://moshesharon.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete